Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Clementine Knits Seed Stitch Infinity Scarf Pattern

Luxurious and simple, this scarf is the perfect addition to a winter wardrobe. Seed stitch shows off Madelinetosh A.S.A.P.'s wonderful colorways!

Materials:
  • 3 skeins Madelinetosh A.S.A.P. (shown in whiskey barrel) or approximately 270 yards of a bulky or super bulky weight yarn. I would classify A.S.A.P as a bulky, although on Ravelry it is classified as a super bulky. For reference, it is definitely thinner than Malabrigo Rasta.
  • 24 inch circular size 13 (9mm) needles (straight needles will work fine too!)
Pattern:
Cast on 29 stitches.
Row 1: k1, *p1, k1* repeat to end

Repeat row 1 until nearly all yarn has been knitted, leaving a few yards for bind off and seaming. When joining new skeins know that Madelinetosh A.S.A.P. wet-splices very well leaving you with no ends to weave in!

Bind off all stitches while maintaining the established seed stitch pattern. Using a darning needle, sew ends of the scarf together. Go forth and be warm!


6 comments:

  1. Does this work with a smaller gauge, like size 6mm needles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely! You'd just want to knit with a thinner yarn and maybe cast on more stitches to achieve a similar width!

      Delete
  2. Hi Maura! I'm a new knitter so forgive me if this is a silly question. This pattern says it's using seed stitch, but your instructions say to continue repeating row 1 which is knit/purl/knit/purl.... etc. I saw on a youtube tutorial that each row should alternate starting with knit or purl for the seed stitch (even rows start with purl, odd rows start with knit). It this incorrect? just wondering if I'm not understanding the pattern properly or just confusing myself with this other thing i saw. Thanks!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim - If you cast on an odd number of stitches, you can begin every row with knit 1. It's kinda confusing but if you do an even number, then yes, the instructions on youtube are right. But I always cast on an odd number, then I never have to remember which row I'm on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This scarf is gorgeous!! You sold me on the Madelinetosh Whisky barrel. Thank you. I have added this scarf to my project list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! If I was to use Malabrigo Rasta would I go up in needle size?

    ReplyDelete